1. National Institute of Mental Health, “Schizophrenia,” https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/schizophrenia, accessed January 4, 2022.
2. National Association of Mental Illness, “Bipolar Disorder,” https://www.nami.org/About-Mental-Illness/Mental-Health-Conditions/Bipolar-Disorder, accessed January 4, 2022.
3. National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention. (2022). Heart disease facts. Accessed 10/13/22 at https://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/facts.htm#:~:text=Heart%20disease%20is%20the%20leading,groups%20in%20the%20United%20States.&text=One%20person%20dies%20every%2034,United%20States%20from%20cardiovascular%20disease.
4. Ferdinand, K. C., Senatore, F. F., Clayton-Jeter, H., Cryer, D. R., Lewin, J. C., Nasser, S. A., Fiuzat, M., & Califf, R. M. (2017). Improving medication adherence in cardiometabolic disease. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 69(4), 437–451. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2016.11.034
5. Gupta, P., Patel, P., Štrauch, B., Lai, F. Y., Akbarov, A., Marešová, V., White, C. M. J., Petrák, O., Gulsin, G. S., Patel, V., Rosa, J., Cole, R., Zelinka, T., Holaj, R., Kinnell, A., Smith, P. R., Thompson, J. R., Squire, I., Widimský, J., … Tomaszewski, M. (2017). Risk factors for nonadherence to antihypertensive treatment. Hypertension, 69(6), 1113–1120. https://doi.org/10.1161/hypertensionaha.116.08729
6. Tóth, P. P., Potter, D., & Ming, E. E. (2012). Prevalence of lipid abnormalities in the United States: the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2003-2006. Journal of clinical lipidology, 6(4), 325–330. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacl.2012.05.002
7. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Center for Disease Control and Prevention. (n.d.). National Diabetes Statistics Report 2020. estimates of diabetes and its … Retrieved October 14, 2022, from https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pdfs/data/statistics/national-diabetes-statistics-report.pdf