1. National Institute of Mental Health, “Schizophrenia,” https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/schizophrenia, accessed January 4, 2022.
2. National Association of Mental Illness, “Bipolar Disorder,” https://www.nami.org/About-Mental-Illness/Mental-Health-Conditions/Bipolar-Disorder, accessed January 4, 2022.
3. National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention. (2022). Heart disease facts. Accessed 10/13/22 at https://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/facts.htm#:~:text=Heart%20disease%20is%20the%20leading,groups%20in%20the%20United%20States.&text=One%20person%20dies%20every%2034,United%20States%20from%20cardiovascular%20disease.
4. Ferdinand, K. C., Senatore, F. F., Clayton-Jeter, H., Cryer, D. R., Lewin, J. C., Nasser, S. A., Fiuzat, M., & Califf, R. M. (2017). Improving medication adherence in cardiometabolic disease. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 69(4), 437–451. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2016.11.034
5. Gupta, P., Patel, P., Štrauch, B., Lai, F. Y., Akbarov, A., Marešová, V., White, C. M. J., Petrák, O., Gulsin, G. S., Patel, V., Rosa, J., Cole, R., Zelinka, T., Holaj, R., Kinnell, A., Smith, P. R., Thompson, J. R., Squire, I., Widimský, J., … Tomaszewski, M. (2017). Risk factors for nonadherence to antihypertensive treatment. Hypertension, 69(6), 1113–1120. https://doi.org/10.1161/hypertensionaha.116.08729
6. Tóth, P. P., Potter, D., & Ming, E. E. (2012). Prevalence of lipid abnormalities in the United States: the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2003-2006. Journal of clinical lipidology, 6(4), 325–330. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacl.2012.05.002
7. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Center for Disease Control and Prevention. (n.d.). National Diabetes Statistics Report 2020. estimates of diabetes and its … Retrieved October 14, 2022, from https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pdfs/data/statistics/national-diabetes-statistics-report.pdf
8. American Psychiatric Association, (2013), Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.), https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.books.9780890425596.
9. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2021). Key substance use and mental health indicators in the United States: Results from the 2020 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (HHS Publication No. PEP21-07-01-003, NSDUH Series H-56). Rockville, MD: Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. https://www.samhsa.gov/data/, accessed March 8, 2022.
10. CDC, National Center for Health Statistics, Office of Communication, “Drug Overdose Deaths in the U.S. Top 100,000 Annually,” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/nchs_press_releases/2021/20211117.htm, accessed January 18, 2022.
11. Slater, H. C., Foy, B. D., Kobylinski, K., Chaccour, C., Watson, O. J., Hellewell, J., Smit, M. R. (2020). Ivermectin as a novel complementary malaria control tool to reduce incidence and prevalence: A modeling study. The Lancet Infectious Diseases, 20(4), 498-508. doi:10.1016/s1473-3099(19)30633-4
12. World Health Organization, “Malaria,” https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/malaria, accessed January 18, 2022.
13. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, “Family Planning,” https://www.gatesfoundation.org/our-work/programs/global-development/family-planning, accessed January 18, 2022.
14. IQVIA Analytics Link Net Sales, November 2021
15. Patient Unmet Needs Survey (Q3’21; n=1645 patients and caregivers)
16. Schizophrenia and Psychosis Action Alliance, “Societal Costs of Schizophrenia and Related Disorders Infographic,” https://sczaction.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Final-Infographic.pdf
17. Risperidone Prescriber Survey (Q3’21; n=77 Psychs)
18. Patient Unmet Needs Survey (Q3’21; n=1645 patients and caregivers)
19. Patient Unmet Needs Survey (Q3’21; n=1645 patients and caregivers)
20. The Treatment Advocacy Center, “Schizophrenia – Fact Sheet,” https://www.treatmentadvocacycenter.org/evidence-and-research/learn-more-about/25-schizophrenia-fact-sheet#:~:text=Schizophrenia%20is%20a%20chronic%20and%20severe%20neurological%20brain%20disorder%20estimated,untreated%20in%20any%20given%20year, accessed November 6, 2021.
21. National Association of Mental Illness, “Bipolar Disorder,” https://www.nami.org/About-Mental-Illness/Mental-Health-Conditions/Bipolar-Disorder, accessed January 4, 2022.
22. Patient Unmet Needs Survey (Q3’21; n=1645 patients and caregivers)
23. Patient Unmet Needs Survey (Q3’21; n=1645 patients and caregivers)