Fujifilm Joins Lyndra Therapeutics’ Series B Raise, Bringing Total Round to $60 Million
Ultra-long-acting oral medicines will remove the burden of daily pills and improve compliance, health, and quality of life for patients and caregivers.
Human nature is a hard thing to change. At Lyndra, we’ve turned the problem on its head. We ask, “What if we stopped trying to change the patient, and changed the pill instead?
Our ultra-long-acting oral medicines provide better health outcomes and quality of life, reduced side effects, improved drug efficacy, slowed spread of disease, and lower health costs.
Ultra-Long-Acting Oral Dosing is Achievable
Our Team has developed the first ultra-long-acting pill that lasts a week or longer and can provide a wide range of medicines in a familiar oral capsule form. Once inside the stomach, the capsule delivers steady amounts of medicine for seven days or more. Our once-weekly product has safely demonstrated gastric residence with predictable pharmacokinetics in humans. There are no other oral products which provide ultra-long-acting therapeutic coverage or a controlled, steady delivery of medicine which can reduce side effects and improve drug efficacy, resulting in measurable health outcomes.
- Advantages in systemic, non-systemic, and local target delivery due to continuous & steady delivery
- Possibility of reducing total dose while maintaining efficacy (non-inferiority)
- Reducing Cmax can improve side effects
- Forgiveness if delayed administration
- Reduced healthcare costs through better pharmacology and measurable health outcomes
- Patient freedom form the burden of daily medications
- Adaptable for wide range of single agents (small molecule / peptide) and combinations
- Discreet user controlled administration
- Reduced pill burden
- Reduced caregiver burden
- Superior Pharmacology for existing Agents
- Loss of Exclusivity (LOE)
- Combination Products
- Local GI Delivery
- Non-systemic Delivery Enhanced Continuous Release